New Big-end Bolts?

To: jgruber@demainsoft.com
Subject: New Big-end Bolts?
From: J Constantino <jjcon2@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 12:55:56 -0700 (PDT)
My Haynes (GT6) doesn't mention replacing the bolts,
though it does show lock plates with bend up tabs
running across the bottom of the con rods to keep the
bolts from backing out.

Didn't see the lock plates in VB or SpitBits and I
didn't see them in the engine I just tore down.

Anyone used them and / or know a source?

On aluminum head/ cast iron engines, "torque to yield"
bolts are the norm and need to be replaced when the
head is removed.  I wouldn't think it would be an
issue on a con rod.

Jason
GT6

Jeff reports:
<<<<<<<<<
My Haynes manual says that I should renew the bolts on
the connecting
rod
big-end.
http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/