Wierd warm start behavior

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Wierd warm start behavior
From: Kevin Rhodes <krhodes1@maine.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 09:46:42 -0400
Hello all,

Having an odd warm start "problem". This is a 69 1296 motor with dual SU
HS2's. The carbs were rebuilt by with new throttle shaft bushings, etc. at
the beginning of the summer. Starts great when cold, start great when warm
too, except that once in a while it will start and immediately run at about
3500 rpm! Only happens on a warm start where I have left the car for a
couple minutes, say to run into a store. I don't touch the throttle or
choke, and it will gradually slow to a normal idle over the course of 20
seconds or so. Doesn't always do it though, just once in a while.

Any thoughts?

Kevin Rhodes
Freddy the Spit.