grrrr

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: grrrr
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 06:57:23 -0700 (PDT)
Just popped down the spitfire graveyard for a new lower wishbone.  I
managed stupidly break my old one trying to extract the bushings.  I
split the bushing housing when pressing them out using a bolt with a
couple of nuts threaded onto it, sounds sensible?  Well I managed to
misjudge the width of the bolts - they were a very small bit bigger than
the housing, you can probably guess what happens next...anyway #15 for a
s/h one that was in better condition than the original isn't too bad,
still #15 I would rather have not spent, you live and you learn...

I managed to get one of the rounded off bolts from the spring top plate
with lots of drilling and hacksawing - the only tools that I had
available, and cut my finger on a well and truly annhialated bolt that
also happened to be very sharp!  One bolt down, one to go...this project
is going quite slowly but I am learning a lot!

cheers
John & Saskia the Spit 1500
http://phone.yahoo.com