Re: Question about Spitfire Turn Signals

To: "bobby 731" <bobby731@hotmail.com>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Question about Spitfire Turn Signals
From: "Tom O'Malley" <tomomalley@meganet.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 20:02:08 -0400
Bobby writes:

>To make a long story short he cut out most of the turn signal
>wires and switches.

>I have obtained a switch and flasher unit However I am unsure how
>the ciruit operates with just a single directional indicator on
>the dash.

The single directional indicator lamp is connected across the left and
right set of turn signal lamps.  If either set of turn signal lamps is
powered on, then the indicator lamp will also, with it's return path
through the non-illuminated filaments of the opposite side.

Geesh!  That gotta be one of the most incomprehensible things I've
ever written! <g>

Anyway, if your original wiring is really chopped up you can use this
diagram to piece it back together:

http://web.meganet.net/~tomomalley/spitpr76.jpg

Post back if you need specific help.

Cheers!