1980 steering wheel fix

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: 1980 steering wheel fix
From: "Larry Butler" <tlarryb@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 17:43:07
Hi,
As a new spitfire owner and a new member of this list, I hope you will put
up with some questions that have probably been asked and answered before.
I just got a 1980 in good shape from a friend.The body and engine seem in
fine shape but the interior could use some work. My question is how do I
remove the steering wheel? It seems to be all one piece with no way to get
to the nut without destroying the center plate. the rubber on the wheel is
deterirated in a couple places and is loose from the frame. Also what is a
good source for a new wheel, either original or after market.
Thanks in advance for your advice.
Larry Butler