Re: Strange Spitfire Problem

To: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>, <Ar164super@wmconnect.com>,
Subject: Re: Strange Spitfire Problem
From: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 13:35:27 -0400
...sorry... a bunch of old mail never went out....
so here they are...

I think you're mixing problems/symptoms which is what's making it
hard to understand.

---- best guesstimate....
The firing sounds simply like your timing is way off, or your cam
timing may have 'jumped' (slipped a tooth on the timing chain)
--or--  simple fuel starvation IE: a clogged fuel filter or bad pump,or clogged
pickup.
--or-- the condenser with your points has failed (shorted out limiting max
power to the coil).  If the condensor across the points has shorted,
or has a low impedance short, it wouldn't allow the coil to charge rapidly
enough to fire
the sparkplugs at higher revs and would also put a '100% duty cycle' of voltage
across the coil.

Paul Tegler     ptegler@gouldfo.com    www.teglerizer.com