Re: coil wires messed up? still?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, nass@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: coil wires messed up? still?
From: Jeff Gruber <jgruber@demainsoft.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2001 12:16:43 -0500
I got two replies to my earlier question.  Unfortunately, the answers were
completely different.

I'm ready to go with the majority.  Can anyone help?

Thanks.

----------

Like a dummy I took something apart without writing down just how it
was  when I took it apart.

I removed the wires from my ignition coil and now I'm not sure if I
put  them back the right way.  I'm getting no spark at the spark plug.

Here's what I have now.

There are three white wires that come thru the 'firewall' together.
Two of  them go to a single connector that is now attached to the negative
  connector on the coil.  The third one goes to the positive connector
  the wire that goes to the distributor is connected to the negative
connector.

And there is a small blue cylinder that looks like a condensor or
something that is connected to the positive side, too.

Could someone tell me how this compares to what you have on your
Spitfire?

  Thanks.

  Jeff "Tinkered and Paid the Price" Gruber