RE: my spit - and the plink-plonk engine

To: "'James Carruthers'" <jcarruthers@freenet.co.uk>,
Subject: RE: my spit - and the plink-plonk engine
From: Richard Gosling <richard.gosling@exprogroup.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 13:12:09 +0100
Making strange noises to worry you is just a little fun game Spitfires like
to play on their owners!  Generally, if it goes away, forget about it.  If
it comes back again with any regularity, you may want to investigate
further...

Brilliant as many of the people on this list may be, I think 'plink-plonk'
may be too vague a discription of symptoms to make any sort of diagnosis!
No doubt someone is about to prove me wrong!

As for the great right/left steering debate, I have always mantained that
RHD is the most sensible for the right-handed majority.  After all, when you
have only one hand on the wheel, while changing gear, wouldn't you want that
hand to be the one that is stronger and better controlled?  The gear-lever
is a relatively coarse adjustment, while the slightest error on the wheel
could put you in a ditch!  Then again I would make up an arguement like
that, living in the UK where all cars are like that!

Richard & Daffy
Important Notice:
The information in this email is confidential and may be legally-privileged.
If you have reason to believe you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure,
copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on
it is prohibited and may be unlawful and you are requested to contact the sender
urgently and dispose of this email