Re: my spit - and the plink-plonk engine

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: my spit - and the plink-plonk engine
From: "James Carruthers" <jcarruthers@freenet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 13:01:19 +0100
Yes yes yes - you guys are sooo funny. I think youll find the steering is on
the right side (quite litrally) :))

lets not forget what nationality this car is..... :))

I just LOVE my car now (its our 3 week aniversary today :) ). Considering when
I first drove it I was really scared - and wondered what I was doing buying
this car! But now its second nature. Its just soooo cool. And that turning
circle is incredible - I can just about make it in one go where I live.

anyway, enough of that.

I drive to college everyday in my spit - however this morning the engine
started making a rather different noise. I can only describe it as a
plink-plonk rather than a rumble-rumble-rumble-rumble. It wasnt too distressing
- after mile or so it was ok. any thoughts - or is this normal.

remember Im new to classics and cars in general.

James

77 Spit - Pimento Red (RHD!)