Who knew?

To: "Spitfire List" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Who knew?
From: "Luke Lewis" <lukage@home.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 20:38:25 -0400
Greetings all...

Just thought I'd tell everyone about how i fixed a vibration that has
plagued my Spit since I got it on the road.  The car would vibrate at about
50 mph (The speedo is strange sometimes so I would actually gauge my speed
this way) ... The vibration was so bad with the top up that it really drove
me nuts, but since I'm already nuts I left it like this for three seasons.

Anyway, my wife and I did some work on the transmisison this weekend and
when we were putting it back in, I noticed that the tranny mount was not
attached to the frame!

GUESS WHAT?  Attaching the transmission to the car makes it vibrate less!

Luke
'71 Spit Mk.IV - I feel like I have my '76 Lincoln back!