Re: Hardtop Fit Question - 78 Spit

To: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Subject: Re: Hardtop Fit Question - 78 Spit
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 19:48:53 -0400
Perhaps that is the case with yours, but none of my Spitfires have the
windscreen
flapping in the breeze, and none of them have the frame pulled back by the soft
top.  This includes one that has a well rotted windscreen frame.  The soft top
is
aligned to simply drop its pins into the holes and latch.  No tension.

I've had two hard tops on three different spitfires, and they all dropped right
in place, no problem.  The third hard top I've access to (isn't mine actually)
also drops onto the car.  Sounds to me like you've got some damage.