It's baaaack!

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: It's baaaack!
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 18:34:11 -0700 (PDT)
Well, after close to 7 weeks, my car is painted
(though the bonnet is still inca yellow & rust) and
now drivable < interior reinstalled, doors mechanisms
working and trim mostly done.
It took 2.5 weeks to strip all of the paint off of it.
2.5 weeks to have it painted. 2 weeks to have the
windshield installed (Actually, there was a 1 week
pause of work while my GF was in town. And I tried to
install the windshield myself w/help and wound-up
destroying 1 gasket. Then had to make an appointment
to get the second new gasket installed).

Anyhow, I just wanted to gloat that I'm getting all
kinds of thumbs up today.

I stopped by after work to pick-up a video rental, and
on the way back to the car some teenager was hanging
over my car (like he didn't want to touch it but
wanted to get a full gander at the interior) and then
proceeded to walk in circles around the car with a
giant smile on his face going "Oh my god! This is so
cool." then he'd walk a few more paces and say it
again. Then he'd bob his head up and down like he was
trying to catch the car from different angles of
perspective. Just as he walked by the driver's door I
hit my keychain actuator (it opens the door remotely).
And he repeated his mantra again.

It's amazing how many people will go out of their way
just to walk up and say how much they like your car.
One guy today stopped me in the grocery store
(evidently he saw me driving the car) and was asking
me questions about the two-tone color interior.

-Terry
P.S. the guy that installed my windshield did it
entirely by himself (He'd pull the cord with one hand
while reaching around and pressing the glass in place
with his other. There were other people there. But he
didn't feel he needed the extra hands!) and it only
took about 20 mins!! I was severely impressed, not
even one cuss word was uttered. Afterwards he told me
(paraphrasing) "Just because I didn't utter a cuss
word...doesn't mean I wasn't contemplating every one
of them."
http://personals.yahoo.com