RE: fixed leaky carbs - and strange power throb

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: fixed leaky carbs - and strange power throb
From: "Catchpole, Pat" <Pat.Catchpole@ntc-europe.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 11:56:42 +0100
I would imagine that AAU are *way* to rich even if you are using a full
sport exhaust.  There is a downloadable Excel spreadsheet that makes needle
comparison easy, I think there is a link on teglerizer.com, but mail me off
list if you would like me send it to you.  This shows that at full throttle
AAU will flow buckets of petrol, which would give the rich running symptoms
you described yesterday.

The springs are not all coloured, just a small identifying paint dot on one
end.  Choices are red (std), yellow (medium) or green (heavy).  These
colours will have probably faded over the years - my yellow ones look quite
brown now.  The 1500's were fitted with a number of different 1.5" SUs - the
size and shape of the carb top (and hence the spring inside) changed.  Make
sure you know which ones you have before ordering.  Some were longish
(2.75") with a small (1") diameter and others were short (1.5") with a
larger (2.5") diameter.

Moss trade under several names: Moss, TriumphTune and also Cox and Buckles.
I only have a very old address for them 22 Manor Road, Richmond, Surrey.
It's just off the south circular near North Sheen Station.  Old phone number
was 0208 948 6668.  I can't find a listing in the yellow pages to confirm
though.  They advertise on the back page of the Courier (TSSC magazine).

Pat

Nissan Technical Centre Europe Limited.
Registered in England Number 2228415 Registered Office Cranfield Technology
Park, Moulsoe Road, Cranfield, Bedfordshire MK43 0DB
Telephone : +44 (1234) 75 5555

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended for
the addressee only.  If you are not the addressee you may not copy, forward,
disclose or otherwise use it, or any part of it, in any form whatsoever.  If
you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender and ensure that
all copies of this e-mail and any files transmitted with it are deleted.

Any views or opinions represented in this e-mail are solely those of the author
and do not necessarily represent those of Nissan or its affiliate companies.

Although this e-mail and its attachments have been scanned for the presence of
computer viruses, Nissan will not be liable for any losses as a result of any
viruses being passed on.