Regretfully selling the Spitfire

To: "Triumphs@Autox Net (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Regretfully selling the Spitfire
From: "John and Chris" <peacox1@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 23:53:17 -0400
Well it has come to this.   The Land Rover is broke again.  The Spitfire is
an extra car that needs constant attention.  I dont have time or the
inclination anymore to use my days off and spare time to keep 2 Dark Lords
of Lucas on the road.  So they must both go.  I am getting a Miata?!?!?!

Then after the wife gets off my a$$ I will look for another spare toy.  For
now I need a car with a warranty that wont be breaking down.

So I have a 76 Spitfire.  It has a new top, fairly new paint(not a very good
job, but looks decent), rebuilt 1300 with dual SU HS-2s that need adjusting,
new coil, cap rotor and plugs and wires.  It runs decent, but like I said
needs carb adjusting.  It has a wicked bend in the right rear rim that
shakes terribly at speed.  Dont know if the spare is any better.  Some
slight rust in the floorpans.  One spot on the trunklid that was poorly
fixed and covered up during painting.

Could use a good restoration, but makes for a great third car Sunday driver
toy.

It is blue(not origional color) and the origional color was Tahiti blue.
The interior is not too terrible and I have an almost perfect dash pad that
goes with it.  The driver seat has a small rip in it and the passenger side
head rest is taped up.  It has a weird headlight problem that I have not
addressed because it just happened a couple days ago.  Only the high beams
work.

If interested I will have some pictures at the beginning of next week.

ANyone that may have emailed me when I mentioned it before please email if
you are still interested.  I was going to keep it but now it must go.
Starting price is $1500 or best offer.

Thanks
John

PS If I dont get any firm leads by the middle of next week I am going to put
it on ebay.