Re: Vanity Plates

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vanity Plates
From: Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 20:19:04 -0700 (PDT)
Triumph Spitfire & GT6 magazine had a 1/2 page blurb
in the most recent issue with this question. Some of
the ones photographed and mentioned were;

BRITSPIT, 6XTHFUN (GT6/TR6?), 76 UMPH, O B HAVE1,
CHERRIO, WHEEEEE, TKT2RYDE, SWINGRR, JEZEBEL, NO KIDZ,
THUMZUP, TOPLESS, 2SMAL43, NOT A MG, 64 FIRE, FUN 4 2,
KERMIT, LKSOIL, QQ (eyes?).

My plates when I lived in Virginia were THE SPIT (like
The Sh**). But no one got it, and then I had someone
ask me if I was a Thespian, and I subsequently handed
them back to the VA dmv with much earnst.

I'm waiting until I install the flame thrower exhaust
mechanisms on my Spitfire, and I will try to get
"BRNBBBRN" (Burn B B Burn), "SPITSFYR" <-if the state
I live in allows 8 letters and if they only allow 7
(like my current state) then; "BRNBABY", "HELFIRE",
"SPTZFYR", "HOTSPIT" (you know like HOT SH**) or some
derrivative there-of.

-Terry
http://personals.yahoo.com