Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] Re: strange vibrations - resolution -

To: spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [spitfire-enthusiast] Re: strange vibrations - resolution -
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 22:06:34 -0400
I have a head that was pulled from a wrecked engine (threw a rod through the
block).  If you find yours is truly cracked, you're welcome to this one, as
long as I can get your cracked one.  I'd like to slice up a bad head to study
it for modification.

Btw, remove your belts (all of them), and drive the car just long enough to
get it up to the problem rpms and see if they still occur.  If they do, you
have determined that it is not any belt driven ancillary equipment.  If the
problem has disappeared, you have determined it is a belt driven ancillary
equipment.  In that case, reinstall the belts one at a time until the problem
resurfaces, and you will then know which item it is.