Re: Lower A-Arm

To: "Pettis, Ward (NIDCD)" <pettisw@ms.nidcd.nih.gov>
Subject: Re: Lower A-Arm
From: Nolan Penney <npenney@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 22:01:00 -0400
If the upper and lower arm do not describe perfectly parallel arcs, you will
experience this type of fatigue failure in the suspension because of the trunion
only having two axis of freedom, not three like a balljoint has.  That's why
I've
given warnings before about not being glib in the use of shims to move the arms
for "proper alignment".  If those two arms don't move in perfect parallel arcs,
binding must occur, and failure must follow.