Re: update: head gasket and source

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <firespiter@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: update: head gasket and source
From: "Nolan Penney" <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 13:28:48 -0400
FelPro has them both, readily available, about $30.
Don't make too big a mountain out of this mole hill. :-)

>>> Terry Thompson <firespiter@yahoo.com> 10/24 11:27 AM >>>
I just called Gasket works and they say that they do
sell a lot of spitfire head gaskets but, they do not
sell gaskets with the recessed lip. You have to shave
the block (and that's a pretty deep shave to make and
requires a shorter piston).
The price, though is only $75 from the .022 to .054"
thickness. And it's available in any bore size you
need.

I called PAECO and they said the same thing. No recess
lip on the gasket.

Looks like I'll be re-thinking my rebuild. That lip is
about a 1/16" deep.