more on hinge replacement

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: more on hinge replacement
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 17:21:17 -0400
Okay, so a number of you said there was no trick to replacing a door hinge
on a 1500.  But, umm, exactly how would *you* extract the Philips-head screw
that acts as the innermost of the three bolts holding the hinge to the door.
 Wrench access to everything else can be had by opening the door.  But that
screw looks to be a problem.  The solutions would seem to be either a right-
angle-handled large screwdriver or rmoval of the door entirely.  Door
removal requires removal of the retainer.  I could punch out the rivet
holding the retainer to the door, I guess.  Alternatively, I assume the
ratainer's frame attachment can be undone if I remove the carpeting, yes?
You see, it isn't such a simple operation, all because of the danged screw.
:-o

Jim Muller
jimmuller@pop.rcn.com
'80 Spitfire (Percy)