Re: hub replacement - update3

To: spitfire-enthusiast@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: hub replacement - update3
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 01:55:18 -0800 (PST)
Finally got round to reassembling everything late last night, I now have
a car in one piece!  On refitting the caliper it is not entirely central
over the disc, but neither is the other (untouched) side.  The caliper is
closest (about 1mm) to the disc on the inside, which suggests that if I
had managed to get the castle nut down so that the normal split pin would
fit through (I used a thinner split pin in the end) then the disc would
have been even closer to the caliper.  I think I am now reasonably happy
that all is well!

Thanks everyone VERY much for all of your help you have given me over the
past weeks.  One side of the suspension done, one to go.  I reckon I can
do this in 4 nights now:
1) Remove everything and press out bushings
2) Clean up wishbones, spring top plate, ARB and hammerite
3) Fit new wheel bearings and clean up hub, fit poly bushings to
wishbones
4) Refit everything and put new brake pads in.

So hopefully in a week or two (off to the lake district for a few days)
Saskia will be back on the road just in time for winter!

cheers all,
John

http://personals.yahoo.com