problem solved + changing needles

To: "spitfires@autox.team.net" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: problem solved + changing needles
From: "jcarruthers@freenet.co.uk" <jcarruthers@freenet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 07:08:15 -0500
My problem with the car getting hot and the power going down - was of course as
you all suggested the lack of heatshield. And the heatshield also works as a
bit of a gasket if im correct too - so I think there might have been an air
hole too.

Anyway the car is working fine now - so obviously in some sort of perverse way
Ive got to muck about with it and make it broken again :)

The K&N filter carbs that I got with the car as a spare part happen to be the
non-waxstat type - so this weekend Im going to fit them yet again. As some of
you may remember they had the wrong needles in the last time - and the jet fuel
lines were leaking due to perished washers.

So Ive ordered the washers and the right needles - and the right springs too.

Anything I need to know about changing needles? I took apart the carbs to
discover what needles were in there - so Im guessing that I just do exactly the
same thing and then swap the needles over.

Then of course Ive got to tune them - so Im going to do it roughly - enough to
get me down to the garage on Monday morning where Im getting them
professionally tuned.

James

1977 Pimento Red Spit - fully working and probably shaking in its boots
(tyres?) that Im about to do something bad to it again.......