RE: 78 Clutch replacement

To: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Subject: RE: 78 Clutch replacement
From: "John T. Blair" <jblair@exis.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 19:42:26 -0500
At 04:57 PM 11/5/01 -0500, David A. Templeton wrote:
>Hi Dave,
>
>>  - Make sure the car is set securly up on jack stands, this should be the
>case
>>    whenever working under the car.
>
>I go one slightly different, a 2x4 block on top of a cinder block.  I use 4
>of these under the frame so that no matter how much I bump and jar the car
>while doing gearbox work I am assured to be safe.  Besides the 2x4 don't
>scratch the frame :-)

While the Spit if very light, DON'T USE CINDER BLOCKS!!!!!  This is a very
very very VERY VERY bad habbit to get into.  Eventually you will put a
larger car on them.  They will NOT take the weight, and they will collapse!

We have had several young men killed in the area when the cinder blocks
collapsed and the cars fell on them.  Check with you local fire dept. and
see how many time they've responded to this problem.

John

Editor/Publisher The Brickline
Quarterly Magazine of Bricklin International

     75 Bricklin SV1   77 Spitfire   71 Saab Sonett III
        65 Rambler Classic

Morgan:    www.team.net/www/morgan
Bricklin:  www.bricklin.org