Fwd: Re: Front Spring Shortening

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Re: Front Spring Shortening
From: Carter Shore <clshore@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 12:44:38 -0800 (PST)
Here's a copy of an email I sent a while back on
springs.
If you have the money and the need, the PRI setup
can't be beat. Some of us have to watch our $$, so for
about $350, you can get 2 adjusatable seat Spax
shocks, plus 2 brand new springs. The trick is to
chooses springs that are a bit shorter (.5-1") than
you want when in the (fitted) compressed state. This
then allows you to make the adjustment to bring the
car up. Note that 1" of spring travel = roughly 2" of
wheel travel on our cars due to the geometry of the
suspension.

Anyway, here's what I sent, just based on my
experience, YMMV, hope it helps.