purchasing 78 spitfire

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: purchasing 78 spitfire
From: MKCASPIAN1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 15:41:42 EST
Well, here is our dilemma.  We are going to PA to look at a 78 spitfire to
purchase, but the only time we can get there in the next few months is next
week..Now, this cas has had an off the frame restoration, complete with
sandblasting, priming, and new paint.  There is no rust.  It has been driven
less than 1000 miles since restoration. However, if it snowy when we get
there, we probably won't be able to or want to drive around in the snow and
salt.  Therefore, we would have to return in the spring, probably not until
May, for test driving.  By then, of course, it will probably be gone.  So -
should we be buying a car without a complete test drive?  I know the complete
history of this car, and its really a good one, but its 11 hours away for us.

Any thoughts? The price seems right.
John