Re: GT6 vs Spitfire front springs

To: Nolan Penney <npenney@mde.state.md.us>
Subject: Re: GT6 vs Spitfire front springs
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 11:35:02 -0700
Nolan Penney wrote:

> If the spring rests against a stepped seat, then there is no danger of
>cocking the seat, as the seat is designed for a non-flattened coil.  Most
>production automobiles use seats like this for coils.  So either torch or
>grinder cutting will work perfectly fine, being the way the oem spring was
>installed.  Sharp edges cutting into the seat are still a possibility, so one
>should ensure the wire ends are not sharp.

The Spitfire doesn't have a stepped perch.  They are flat on either end.  ANd
while you might get away with putting a cut spring that has not been
flattened on a Spitfire perch, it will not set right in the perch and most
likely will pop out in the center of the coils instead of being centered
around the shock.

> Is this the question you are asking? and did I answer it?

The question was rhetorical and required no answer!

Joe