Re: stains

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: stains
From: idhtfts@yahoo.com
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 14:47:00 -0500
At 02:24 PM 2/14/02, you wrote:
>Well, back in October when I started this engine rebuild, I folded my
>white
>"British-Ever-Flex" very carefully and put it aside, during this time
>somehow
>or other a big glob of grease attached itself to the top and when I
>unfolded
>it this week I now have to bright "Yellow" spot about 4" each, I have
>tried
>soaking it in Ajax powder, and even saturated a rag with clorox and
>let it
>soak and all to no avail, any suggestions which way to get this stain
>oout ??
>Thanks  "FT"

Hi Fred,

Those "OXY"  powders are miracle cleaners. I literally watched a red
tomato juice based drink that spilled on white carpet fade to
absolutely nothing during a 15 minute soak. They claim the same results
with grease and oil.

There are various names for these products but they are all usually
called oxy - something. Sometimes the "As Seen On TV" label will catch
your eye :-)

Wouldn't hurt to try.

-Maurice