Spitfire Parts Available - FREE, San Francisco, California

To: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire Parts Available - FREE, San Francisco, California
From: "Mark Sinclair" <msinclair@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 18:29:10 +0000
I'm submitting this to the list again because I now have photos available
at:
ftp://cc.upn.net/body

Unfortunately the scrapyard wanted Me to pay Them so it would really be nice
if someone in the SF Bay Area could use this stuff.  I have quite a bit of $
invested in this stuff - blasting, priming, etc., so hopefully someone can
use it.

I have the following items available to be taken away.  I'd like to get rid
of them in the next few weeks so let me know soon or they'll be scrapped.
The deal is that you have to take the whole lot.

1964 MK1 Spitfire chassis, blasted to bare metal and POR15'd outside,
Corroless sloshed down the rails. The sandblasting uncovered a crack that
needs to be welded - was probably there for 30 years.

A 64 tub that is pretty much toast after a firm hit in the front right.
Some bits may be salvageable. I just need to get rid of it so it goes with
the rest of the stuff.

Spare 1967 tub, blasted and primed and had Corroless pumped down the rocker
panels, needs bodywork and prep for final painting.  Back has been hit
firmly at one point.  I ground out all the old bondo and it needs additional
panel work etc.  Rust free.

A couple of bonnets, both with usual nose damage, one has been primed, some
surface rust in spots.  The other has some side and nose damage but very
repairable.

The papers are clean, have title for both tubs, so you can probably choose
to have the
early black plates (NIX 365 - pretty darn cool) or the blue ones.

I also have a couple of spare MK3 doors and some miscellanous mechanical &
body stuff that I will throw in the mix  - steering columns, trunk lids,
3rail gearbox, diffs, heads, suspension parts, steering rack, chrome
bumpers, etc.

The whole shebang is located in San Francisco (costing me a fortune in
garage rental).
You'd need a decent truck or trailer to take it away in one load since
nothing is rolling.

Remember, this stuff is FREE - the only requirement is that the winner has
to take the lot.
Email if interested, or call 415-831-7082
Mark Sinclair
msinclair@hotmail.com