Re: Mice Suck

To: wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca, andrer@mac.com,
Subject: Re: Mice Suck
From: KTnKT <ktnkt@cape.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2002 21:35:24 -0400
   Yes, they do. Unless, of course, you followed the advice of a fellow
list member a while back, whose name I've since forgotten, and built the
"better mouse trap"......
   Basically, a 5 gallon pail with a rod running through the top, also
going through a soup can, double ended cup, or some such arrangement
being able to spin freely, and having a little peanut butter spread
around the circumference. Also needed is a little ramp, or ladder, so
the little pests can get to the bait. Up here in the colder parts we put
a bit of anti-freeze in the bottom of the pail instead of just water so
they don't end up getting cold feet........instead of just a
.....little.........swim.
   Make sure other "friendly" critters like dogs and cats can't get near
it if using the anti-freeze.
   I've included a couple photos of the one that protects my '69 Spit,
at
http://www.vsv.cape.com/~ktnkt/Mouse%20trap%201.jpg      and
http://www.vsv.cape.com/~ktnkt/Mouse%20trap%202.jpg
   I removed a couple of the little darlings before the pictures were
taken to protect the guilty.
  So, time to start protecting the car and save some money on seats and
wiring harnesses, and keep the nuts outa your frame!!
  Cheers,
  Kevin Thompson
  Cape Cod British Car Club @
  clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish