New Pistons

To: "Spitfires" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Pistons
From: "Chris Sharp" <chrislsharp@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 21:04:03 -0700
Several weeks ago, I posted a note about excessive pressure in the crank
case.  I think now that it was either piston blow by (two pistons each had a
broken ring) or head gasket blow by as there was evidence of gas passing
from #2 & #3 into the lifter gallery.  New one to me, never seen anything
like that before.

Anyway, decided to replace the pistons, head gasket, bearings, etc.
Basically do a rebuild.  Got the pistons to day.  The new pistons use
c-clips to hold the wrist pin in place.  My old pistons have a press fit
wrist pin.

Anybody out there ever go through something like this?  Can I use the old
rods by just pressing out the old pin & removing the pistons?  Do I need new
bearings for the wrist pins?  Do I now need new rods?

TIA

Chris