Re: It was all going so well...

To: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: It was all going so well...
From: John Hobson <goalie_john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 03:27:25 -0700 (PDT)
Sounds like your clutch may be slipping.  If the the problem was air/fuel
starvation I would expect the car to struggle to pick up the revs and not
be able to reach high revs.  From what you say it it could be a slipping
clutch.  I am just guessing here and may be wrong though!

Hope your spit is running happily again soon!  Mine should be running
tonight, I had to wait for carb gaskets to arrive from trgb. fingers
crossed...

cheers
John

--- James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk> wrote:

> Until about 10 miles from home - travelling at a comfy 80 - woooohhhhh
>
> Power loss - the revs were keeping up - but if I let them drop, they
> didnt
> come back up very quick.
>
> So the car limped home, and for the first time in months I saw a spit,
> whilst I was actually in my Spit (in Enfield)
>
> Basically the car revs - but it basically shudders as it speeds up.
>
> So I got home, and let the car cool off. Checked the exhaust - not that
> it
> could be linked, but there was indeed a small leak at the back end.
> Solved
> that - didnt make much difference - but it was significant in my lack
> of
> power problem before - I think/hope.
>
> So, it must be fuel, I checked the fuel flow from the pump, and the
> pump
> filter - thats all ok. The pump filter was a bit dirty - as I had
> cleaned it
> a few months ago - but I dont think it was significant - anyway - the
> fuel
> was flowing freely.
>
> Checked the spark plugs - rather albino - yesterday they were nice
> biscuit
> coloured. So it must be fuel starvation. So it must the the carbs,
> gunked up
> with something. It was dark by this point. However when I get home
> tonight
> I'll have to check. (Using my mum's Fiesta again - she says "what's the
> point in you having a car?")
>
> Which leads me to my question/s; how do you clean a carb? or... does
> anyone
> have any other suggestions?
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com