Purolator L14670 filter?

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Purolator L14670 filter?
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 12:51:33 -0400
Hello,

I went to PepBoys to get an oil filter, and they were out of
the Purolator L10017 model that I have gotten in the past.
However, some combination of cross-references led
to the Purloator L14067 model.  I got one and
took it home, and it seemed identical to the old
L10017.  (Yes, it has the drainback valve.)

Has anyone kno wif it is a good idea to use the L14670
filter on a Spit?  It does not appear on the list
of oil filters that was posted a year or two ago...

Thanks,

Doug Braun
'72 Spit