Re: Conv. Frame causing Seat Damage

To: "theshaggye" <theshaggye@yahoo.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Conv. Frame causing Seat Damage
From: "Suzie" <suzie.singleton@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:40:14 +0100
One solution:
Put a strip of wood under the outer seat runner, somewhere between half &
three-quarters of an inch should do it (bolting through the wood), to tip
the seat inwards fractionally, just enough to allow the frame to clear the
seat.

At first you may feel you're sitting slightly awkwardly but in no time it
just feels right, just as with the offset pedals.

That seems to work for us, just haven't gotten around to fitting the new
seat covers (leather, no less!) yet.

If anyone has a more 'proper' solution I'd be glad to hear it but I gather
this is a known problem.

Suzie