Re: Conv. Frame causing Seat Damage

To: "theshaggye" <theshaggye@yahoo.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Conv. Frame causing Seat Damage
From: "Jeff McNeal" <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:58:46 -0700
Don't forget that your seats are "handed".  Even though the early Mk3 lowback
buckets appear identical, they are not.  The wider side of the seatback goes
towards the center.  If a previous owner removed and replaced the seats, which
is very likely if they were ever recovered, and placed them backwards, the
wider portion of the seatback might be on the outside now, causing the problem
you are having.  Just a thought.

It's also possible that after years and years (34 to be specific) of use, the
one-piece seatback frame may have splayed out just enough to widen
sufficiently for the fouling to occur.  Hope this helps.

Take care,

Jeff McNeal (San Diego)

'68 Spitfire Mk3 frame off, bare metal project, aka "Mrs. Jones"
'70 GT6+ "Accidental", eventual restoration project
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net/spitfire/spitfire.shtml
Join  the TOTALLY TRIUMPH NETWORK!
Forums, Photos, How-To's, Classifieds, Links & Triumph Merchandise
http://www.TotallyTriumph.net