Factory competition prep manual

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Factory competition prep manual
From: Glenn Trunnell <trunnell@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 22:21:12 -0400
I've always been curious about the recommendations given in this
manual.  Has anybody ever built a car to the specs. given in the
manual?  Did it make significantly more power? What kind of performance
did it have?  I' ve enjoyed reading the manual but none of the mods look
like they would give the car much more power, even the large cam,
without any head work and using the single modified Stromberg carb
doesn't seem like it's going to help much.

Just trying to satisfy my curiosity,

Glenn Trunnell