Re: Stages of Engine Build

To: Chris & Kelly Sharp <4sharps@lvcm.com>
Subject: Re: Stages of Engine Build
From: Joe Curry <Spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 20:19:33 -0700
These go back to the early Spit factory options.  Stage I was the lesser
of the upgrades but Stage II was the one people went for.  It included
the upgraded cam, 4-2-1 exhaust header and dual DCOE Webers and the
8-port cylinder head that was created for the works Spitfires.  The
horsepower went up from the 63 on the stock engine to 90 for the Stage
II engine.

SAH was awarded distribution rights for the kits along with other
accessories they sold for the Spitfires (including the fiberglass
replica bonnet that is on Tiny Tim).

The "Stage II head" for the 1147 engine is unique because it has the 4
intake ports rather than the siamese ones normally found on the Mk1 and
Mk2 engines.  I don't have the foggiest idea what a "Stage 4" head is.
Maybe it is a typo.

Cheers,
Joe