Re: Throttle Pedal Shake

To: Gary Hutton <ghutton@sigecom.net>
Subject: Re: Throttle Pedal Shake
From: Joe Curry <Spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 12:28:12 -0700
Gary Hutton wrote:

> Joe and anyone else who has retrofit a cable throttle,
>
> Can this be done to an early spit (63-64) with the radiator expansion tank
> over the carbs?  And if so, is it just a matter of getting a pedal assembly
> and the cable attachment "thingy"?  I'm encountering a binding in two of the
> rods on my mechanical rig and am sick of trying to adjust it.
>
> Gary Hutton
> Newburgh, IN
>
> Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 08:35:51 -0700
> From: Joe Curry <Spitlist@gte.net>
> Subject: Re: Throttle Pedal Shake & Others & Mk3 For Sale
>
> Or simply fit a cable type throttle from a later Spitfire and rid
> yourself of the problem completely.
>
> Joe

Since I have a throttle cable on moth my Mk1 Spits, I'd have to say YES,
it is indeed possible.  In fact, I have a pedal or two lying around off
a later Spit that would be a start to converting your Spit to a cable
throttle.

The rest involves working around the header tank and constructing the
cable linkage to the carbs.

Cheers,
Joe