Re: Throttle Pedal Shake & Others & Mk3 For Sale

To: Jeff McNeal <jmcneal@ohms.com>
Subject: Re: Throttle Pedal Shake & Others & Mk3 For Sale
From: Joe Curry <Spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 12:21:27 -0700
Every Spitfire I have owned (including the parted out ones) that were
equipped with the mechanical rod linkage, suffered from poor maintenance
in which the bushings wore out and allowed the rod to flop around in the
hole and thus wearing an elongated groove where the bushings are
supposed to go.  So installing new bushings were never an option without
first fixing the elongated hole.

In that case, it is far easier to simply replace with a cable linkage
(which as Jeff mentions is my preference anyway).  The wear factor is
eliminated with a cable linkage and the metering is therefore much more
precise.

Cheers,
Joe