Re: Zinc Phosphate & Rust prevention

To: James Carruthers <j.carruthers@rave.ac.uk>,
Subject: Re: Zinc Phosphate & Rust prevention
From: Dan Canaan <flinters@picarefy.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 11:03:17 -0700
At 06:53 PM 6/7/03 +0100, James Carruthers wrote:

>3rd... Same as question 2 - but with the underneath of the car... Im
>guessing its going to have to get wax oyled - but are there any other
>preventative measures? Something like POR15 sounds good - but as far as
>I am aware this is for bare metal...

I'm going with roll-on bedliner material for Giles.  Once the metal is
fully cleaned, I'm using this material to seal the metal from any chance of
road salt to get to it.  It also helps deaden the sound and resists
chipping by rocks and other road debris.  It may not be stock, but I'm a
believer of if the factory had this sort of material available at the time
of manufacture, they would use it.