Re: MGB wire wheels

To: <JohnZissler@aol.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGB wire wheels
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 19:54:59 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: <JohnZissler@aol.com>

> Hi all, just thought i would ask a question here,  a friend has a set of 14
> inch wire wheels with new firestone tyres on them, no spinners with them.
>Will
> they fit a Spitfire?

Hi John,
    The standard Spitfire wire wheel adaptors have very short splines which are
(as far as I know) unique to the Spitfire/Herald family. Modern adaptors for
the Spitfire hub are available and these will accept the standard wire wheels
with full length splines used by most other British manufacturers, eg
Austin-Healey, MG and the bigger Triumphs. The adaptors are available from
Motor Wheel Services (MWS),
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--