Re: spitfires-digest V1 #1642

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: spitfires-digest V1 #1642
From: Laura Gharazeddine <Laura.G@141.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 12:49:39 -0700
>Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 04:54:43 -0700
>From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
>Subject: An Italian Job review!
>
>We just saw the Italian job and other than having modified Minis drive
>around, having stolen a bunch of Italian gold bars and monkeying with the
>city's traffic light system it's not anything like the original.

Well, the names "Bridger" and "Charlie Croker"-which I thought was a nice
touch...

>However,
>having said and knowing that, I went with an open mind which was probably a
>good thing -
>I found it to be quite entertaining - decent enough action - plausible
>story (if you don't mind stretching reality as if any movie doesn't do
>that) and over all much better than I had expected - probably due in part
>to my expectation that it wasn't anything like the old one - I wasn't
>making any comparisons to the old one - I would say worth a peek for some
>mindless entertainment. . . I would have to give it two thumbs up!
>
>Barry Schwartz - San Diego -(bschwart@pacbell.net)

I went with an open mind too-and because the previews and publicity looked
interesting and fun. I was pleasantly surprised! It was good! It was FUN!
People clapped and cheered and laughed. In fact, at the end-the audience
applauded! (The last time I went to the movies was to see "The Matrix
Reloaded"-at the end, people got up and left, looking a little numbed and
dazed-maybe it was the stupendously bad acting by Keanu Reeves that did it,
or the torturously unenjoyable, undecipherable story...the firt one was so
much better!)

Anyway-"The Italian Job" was really fun. I love L.A. and it was really cool
to see all the places I've driven my Spitfire dozens of times-except the
L.A. River (I've ALWAYS wanted to do that!)

Highly recommended-if I hadn't gone at a matinee, I'd even pay full price
for that one!

Laura G.