Re: RedLine Gear Oil

To: ken_willanger@hotmail.com, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RedLine Gear Oil
From: TR250Driver@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:30:01 EDT
Ken,
I use Redline MTL SAE 70W80 in my Big Triumphs with A-Type OD's as well as my
76 Spitfire OD and my 70 Spitfire that has a GT6 gearbox and OD.  It works
well with smooth gear changes which Redline is known for since it claims to be
more slippery for those gears inside the box.  Can I tell the difference
between Redline and regular Castrol GL4?  Probably not but I am a sucker for
the
sales pitch offered by more modern high tech synthetic lubricants.  I even use
Mobil 1 synthetic in the sump.  Makes the engine run a little cooler and I
don't
have to change it as often.
Cheers,
Darrell