Forwarded: Tail lamp sockets

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Forwarded: Tail lamp sockets
From: <lists@autox.team.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 01:26:37 -0600
For some reason this was sent to me rather than spitfires@autox.team.net.
If your internet access is web-capable, check out

  http://www.team.net/posting.html

mjb.
----

     From: "Bill Gingerich" <wrgingerich@msn.com>
     Subject: Tail lamp sockets
     Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 21:31:24 -0500

Greetings, Fellow Listers!

What alternatives to the stock brake/tail socket have people used?  I'm
trying to get a bit more light showing out of the back end of Lazarus, my
'74.  After trying several different wattage bulbs, I've discovered that
anything over the stock bulb will melt the sockets.  Since the lamp then
doesn't light at all, socket melting seems to defeat the purpose of brighter
lamps!  Interestingly, I've seen no indication of damage to the wiring.

Thanks to all.

BillG