RE: Spitfire - power radio antenna

To: "'David Templeton'" <davidt@opentext.com>,
Subject: RE: Spitfire - power radio antenna
From: "Gosling, Richard B" <Richard.Gosling@atkinsglobal.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 08:27:15 +0100
David,

Never done a power antenna, but I've replaced the standard one a couple of
times.  The real issue is space as it passes through the top of the rear
wing - it's a very narrow gap, and I have found it impossible to fit the
cheapo antenna I get from Halfords using all the correct parts - I have to
leave bits off to get it to fit, leaving the antenna slightly wobbly.  If
the base is of even average width, you will likely have the same problem.

It might be possible to re-locate to the horizontal bit of the bulkhead
immediately in front of the windscreen, which may solve this problem.

Richard & Daffy

This email and any attached files are confidential and copyright protected.
If you are not the addressee, any dissemination of this communication is
strictly prohibited. Unless otherwise expressly agreed in writing, nothing
stated in this communication shall be legally binding.