RE: Water Wetter Question

To: "'J & C Cullen'" <ccullen16@cogeco.ca>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Water Wetter Question
From: "David A. Templeton" <davidt@opentext.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:40:24 -0400
> A recent wave of heat in Southwestern Ontario has got me
> contemplating just
> running water and water wetter in my cooling system for the
> summer, any
> prior experience with this?? Pro's?? Con's??

Jim,

It works okay, it does do as claimed when added to coolant for about 6
months as I was told by a performance guy.  His advice was if you are having
overheating issues, then when was the last time the coolant was changed?  It
only has a life of 5 years in the modern coolants.  My spitfire had the
coolant changed 2 years ago and the gauge never goes above 1/2.

Nothin' beats a good flush and top up :-P

David Templeton
'59 Triumph TR3a
'74 Triumph Spitfire
 Guelph/Waterloo Ontario.