A Note of Thanks

To: "Spitfires@autox.team.net" <Spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: A Note of Thanks
From: "R.D. Waid" <waids@usfamily.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 19:28:24 -0500
Just wanted to thank all the listers who responded to my recent
alternator problems. Making use of the good advice, I finally traced the
problemto the charge indicator, where the yellow and brown wire to the
alternator was not making contact with the bulb socket. It's very
gratifying to hear the distinctive alternator  whine again when I'm
driving with the lights on. I think that the sounds a Spitfire makes
while underway are really cool- especially the exhaust note and that
alternator sound. In fact, I put a new radio in the car over Labor Day
weekend, but haven't been listening to it, preferring the Spitfire music
instead. Here in MN we are experiencing sunny days with highs in the
70s- perfect, perfect driving weather.

Bob Waid
71 Mark IV FK4081L