Re: Inner Waist Seals

To: "John Reynolds" <jfreynolds_99@yahoo.com>, <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Inner Waist Seals
From: "William Davies" <bill@rarebits4classics.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 23:14:50 -0000
----- Original Message -----
From: John Reynolds <jfreynolds_99@yahoo.com>

> Can someone tell me the factory correct way to install
> the inner waist seals on a late 1500. It appears that
> the seal clips should engage the part with the bare
> metal portion down, however, I have seen this part
> installed with the bare metal portion up on several
> cars at a recent show. Does anyone have an un-molested
> example as a reference?

Hi John,
    The original strip had a functional metal strip along the bottom edge onto
which the clips locate. There is another decorative chrome strip along the top
edge. The modern replacements do not have that decorative strip. I've looked at
manufacturing accurate reproductions, but we simply don't have the funds to
pursue all the projects we'd like to simultaneously. They'd inevitably be more
expensive than what's currently out there, and do enough people care about the
difference? Discuss.....
    Cheers,
        Bill.

--