Re: (no subject)

To: veejay53@msn.com ("James Crone"), spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: (no subject)
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 09:49:07 -0500
In a message dated 11/6/2003 6:24:59 AM Eastern Standard Time, veejay53@msn.com
writes:

> I was wondering if anyone had an air filter cover for a 69 dual carb
> spitfire(inner and outer)? Maybe someone who changed to a weber setup.

I'm sure someone can come up with one. Note, however, that they were NOT
routinely fitted on the Mk3 "Federal" cars and really aren't needed.

> also looking for a set of wire wheels, with hubs and nuts for a reasonable
> price that are in pretty good restorable condition.

You might get lucky and find a good used set at a reasonable price. Odds are,
though, that you'd be better off (and possibly spend less) to purchase these
items new. Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Yes, if you like wire wheels (and I do).
Cost effective? Likely so, as opposed to the money you'd spend "overhauling"
used wheels and possibly discovering that the splines are worn in the hubs
and/or the adaptors, etc., etc.

--Andy Mace