Re: Rear suspension

To: DeWetC1@sapo.co.za (Chris De Wet), triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Rear suspension
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 09:57:14 -0500
In a message dated 11/6/2003 9:33:53 AM Eastern Standard Time,
DeWetC1@sapo.co.za writes:

> Can the Vitesse 2L Mk2 rotoflex rear suspension be used in a Spitfire4 (Mk1)
> or GT6 (Mk1) without great difficulty ? What parts must be modified? Any
> issues? Pros/cons? Any advice appreciated.

Short answer? Yes. It requires welding the appropriate lower wishbone brackets
to the existing chassis and working out the shock absorber issue.

The original swing-axle shock mounting will foul the roto-flex suspension (or
wheel -- I forget which at the moment), but there are a variety of ways to deal
with that problem: use the upper shock mount complete from the "Mk11/+" GT6;
use the lever shock setup from the Vitesse 2L Mk2; or use adaptor kits sold by
TSSC and others to move the upper mount point.

You'll also need to relocate inward the reinforcement for the forward trailing
arm mount on the body tub...and probably a few other little things I can't
remember at the moment.

--Andy Mace