Re: >>NASS Body tolerances and bolt-on wires.

To: <nass@yahoogroups.com>, "Spitlist" <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: >>NASS Body tolerances and bolt-on wires.
From: "Livia Haasper" <wilivhaasper@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:31:49 -0500
Hi Bill,
Wilf and I were just discussing your problem.
We don't know if 1/8 is acceptable or not, it would depend how badly the doors
fit. The PO probably made the common mistake of not fitting the rockers
properly. If you can accept the 1/8inch gap, live with it. Is the gap
intolerable to you?? Are the doors very tight???
To correct this problem in the body is very difficult. It includes cutting ,
welding, re-painting, sealing, a big job. It can be done by cutting the
rockers, then pushing the front part of the tub [A-post] forward with a
hydraulic jack, then re-weld the rockers into place. The placement of the cut
would have to be experimented with to determine the location of the cut so
only one cut is necessary. This is a difficult job.

Wire wheels. We had a lot of problems with our old wire wheels. The nuts in
the spokes were corroded and hard to move. If you can't move the nut, you
can't true the wheel. Replacing spokes is expensive. We had so much trouble
with warped wheels, we gave up trying to repair them and ended up buying new
ones.
Cheers
Liv