UK Tour 2004 - absolutely NFI !!!

To: "6Pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "Triumph List"
Subject: UK Tour 2004 - absolutely NFI !!!
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:45:09 -0000
Friends
I've got the nomex on already in anticipation of flames about financial
interest. Over the last two years, it's been a pleaure to see Jeff and Jan
Zorn from LBcarco over in the UK with a large group of US enthusiasts doing
the Brit thing of historic car places, Morgan factory, Jaguar museum, Gaydon
museum, events, tourist places to see etc etc.
Jeff has written to me (and another guy in the MG car club over here) to say
he still has space on the tour leaving for England next March or April. He has
suggested that a few from this side of the pond might like to join up with the
rest of the group and while that's a generous offer, I'm not entirely
convinced it will happen. After all, the places Jeff and Co will visit are on
our doorstep to go to any time, so much better to keep things vacant for those
who are not so close at hand?
Anyway, what I wanted to say is this. Firstly, I don't know how it is that
Jeff and Jan Zorn can put on a two week tour with accommodation and a fifty
seater coach for the money that they do - especially when several nights are
in a British Castle where Henry VIII's last wife finally ended her days. Yes -
it still has a roof, electric lighting and constructive ideas about food! The
Zorns nail the costs right down and everyone seems to have a great time and a
truckload of fun. Because it's obviously been such a success over the last two
years, I recently wrote to Jeff offering my services as the unofficial and
honorary tour guide the next time he came over with another group which offer
he has graciously accepted. This seems as good an opportunity for a busman's
holiday as any other - and I'll hopefully get to meet a raft of nice people
over several days rather than just one evening before the departure for home.
So all I'm doing here is hopefully bringing to your attention something you
might not have known about and something from which I'll in no way gain
financially. In fact, the way that Jeff and Jan have priced it, I don't see
how they can either - but that's their affair. You'll find outline details at
http://www.lbcarco.com/itinerary.html Go have a look see and start saving your
Christmas money!

Jonmac

"In the Shadow of my Father" aka "Life at Triumph"
Still a few copies left. Still time to catch the Christmas mail
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook

---